Yield: 2 servings
Calories: Approx. 200 (including olive oil)
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 3-10 minutes
- Pre-cut and clean bag of mixed power greens: kale, chard, spinach (20 calories per 2 cup serving)
- Wild-caught salmon (120 calories per 3-4 oz serving)
- Artichoke hearts (marinated in the jar)
- Olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
Options for an extra punch:
- Diced green onions
- Sliced olives (green or black – your choice)
- If frozen, defrost the wild-caught salmon.
- Cover with a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place salmon in oven, cook for 10 minutes or as desired. For a faster cooking time, place in the Lekue Microwave Pot (featured cooking gadget in the week of March 24, 2014). Cook in the microwave for about 3 minutes (depending on the size of the fish).
- Let the fish cool.
- Take this time to mix together the dressing. ¾ part olive oil, ¼ part red wine vinegar. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the greens in a bowl or on a plate.
- Add salmon, artichoke hearts and other optional ingredients.
- Add the dressing.
Power greens are great fresh or sautéed with some garlic. Just remember that you get the most nutrients from greens and other veggies when they are uncooked.
*Make it easy by purchasing a pre-cut, pre-cleaned bag of mixed greens at your local grocery store. Our favorite power green mix can be found locally at Trader Joes.