An incredibly easy, flavorful and healthful meal. Cedar Plank-Grilled Tilapia is a favorite any time of year!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
- 1 pound whole tilapia fillets
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of one large lime
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup Herdez salsa
- 4 green onions, tops only, chopped
- 2 cedar planks, prepared for grilling, according to manufacturer’s directions
- Place fish in a single layer in a shallow glass baking dish. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, lime juice, chili powder, red pepper flakes and cilantro. Pour mixture over the fish being sure to coat all fillets. Cover and place in refrigerator allowing to marinate for at least 30 minutes. During the last few minutes of marinating, preheat grill to medium heat.
- Remove fish from glass dish and place fillets on cedar planks. Spread marinade to top of fillets. Place planks on preheated grill, away from flame. Cover/close lid of grill.
- Grill for about 15-20 minutes, or until fish flakes with a fork. Remove fish from planks and break into bite-sized pieces, or smaller, with a fork.
- Plate fish, top each portion with 1/8 cup salsa, sprinkle green onion pieces on top of each.
- Serve with Purple Cabbage Slaw on the side.