Nutrients per serving (2 1/4 cups): Calories: 341, Total Fat: 11g, Sat. Fat: 2g, Monounsaturated Fat: 6g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Carbs: 30g, Fiber: 7g, Sugars: 17g, Protein: 33g, Sodium: 102mg, Cholesterol: 72mg
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 lb brussels sprouts. Remove damaged outer leaves, trim ends, shred using a food processor or knife. TIP: When processing brussels sprouts, the “S” shaped blade tends to work better than the shredding disk.
- 12 oz (2 1/2 packed cups) cooked and shredded chicken breast
- 6 to 8 radishes, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 orange, peeled, sectioned and cut into bite size pieces
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced unsalted almonds
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp reduced sodium tamari
- 2 drops of Stevia
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- Dash of sea salt
- In a medium pan, boil 4-6 cups of water and place chicken breasts in boiling water until fully cooked (about 10 minutes). Shred chicken.
- In a large bowl, add brussels sprouts, chicken, radishes, scallions, oranges and almonds. Combine and toss.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, tamari, Stevia, olive oil, sesame oil and sea salt until combined. Whisk in ginger.
- Combine all and serve immediately.